Learn the core skills for writing grants.
It starts with learning where to find grants and understanding the application process. Then we'll walk step by step through writing every section of the proposal. We'll end with how to submit the application and build long-term, meaningful relationships with grantmakers.
In this six-hour class, you will spend the day learning all the basics of grantwriting.
- Learn where to find grants, including some sources you might not have known about.
- Understand grant applications and guidelines.
- Gather research to write a compelling case for the need for your project.
- Learn step-by-step each section of the grant proposal and what should be included.
- Develop goals and objectives for your proposal as well as write about how you will measure success.
- Review different formats and techniques for presenting your budget for your proposal.
- Learn when and how to contact grantmakers to best build a long-term relationship.
- Learn how and when to send reports to properly steward the grantmaker's investment.
- Learn to organize an annual calendar for grant submissions that works.
- Learn insider tips that make your proposal stand out above the crowd.
- Learn to balance statistical data, evidence-based research, and anecdotal evidence to tell your organization's story.
- Develop evaluation tools and logic model framework for your program to better demonstrate results.
- Review samples of evaluation rubrics used by grantmakers to score your proposal.
Cost of the workshop is $95 per person when you register at least two weeks before the class. After that the cost is $115 per person. You can register anytime, and walk-ins are welcome.
Registration includes a comprehensive workbook, digital templates of examples, and coffee / tea bar.