GOOD TO GREAT PROPOSAL WRITING
Move from intermediate grantwriting to expert. This workshop is designed for grantwriters desiring more advanced skills. The workshop focuses on proposal development and strategies designed to increase the competitiveness of your proposal.
learn the following skills
- Critically evaluate guidelines and requests for proposals to determine best fit and timing.
- Prepare to target your proposal to be handcrafted and tailored specifically for a given grantmaker and carefully follow guidelines.
- Understand the "Three C's" of good writing: clear, concise, and compelling.
- Develop clear assumptions and reasoned-based outcomes necessary for success, including the project's long term sustainability.
- Identify the appropriate balance between statistical data, evidence-based research, and anecdotal evidence to tell your organization's story.
- Develop evaluation tools and logic model framework for your program to better demonstrate results.
- Review samples of evaluation rubrics used by grantmakers to score your proposal.
- Review and evaluate proposals of peers and have your own proposal evaluated if you are willing.
Cost of the seminar is just $115 per person. Register early to receive the early bird discount of $95. Registration includes a comprehensive full color workbook, diskette of templates, coffee and tea bar, networking sack lunch, idea exchange, and grant consultation.
Meet with me via phone or in person to get all your questions answered. Consultations may include grant review, getting started as a freelancer, or nonprofit consultation. Minimum of one hour, which is paid prior to meeting. Additional time is billed to the quarter hour. Face to face meetings are on Vashon Island. For meeting in Seattle, travel costs are required including ferry and travel time. Contact me to inquire about travel rates at firstname.lastname@example.org.