Are you ready to take the leap? Enjoy the pleasure of setting your own schedule while working with organizations who are changing the world.
The Business of Freelance Grantwriting is for experienced grantwriters who are ready to start their own freelance grantwriting business.
In this five hour class, you will learn the essentials of starting your freelance grantwriting business.
- How to get a business license and what you need to know.
- Where to find clients and the most effective marketing tools.
- Learn to save time and save your clients unnecessary billable hours through organizational tools and strategies.
- Write contracts that work for you and your clients and set great expectations right from the start.
- Set up accounting systems that prepare you for tax season and keep your clients happy.
- How to grow your business and when raise your rates.
- Interview clients to make sure you get a good fit and start your relationship on the right track.
- Manage clients and transition smoothly into an organization as a freelancer.
- Put effective communication systems in place so your clients know what's happening (without having to ask).
- When and how to be invisible versus visible to grantmakers.
- How and when to end a client contract, look out for warning signs, and what to do when there is conflict.
Cost of the workshop is just $115 per person. Register early to receive the early bird discount of $95.
Registration includes a comprehensive workbook, diskette of templates, and coffee/tea bar.